Clinton Jammer, Canadian Wildlife Artist
I’m a self-taught Wildlife Artist, born and raised in Port Perry, Ontario. I began drawing in pen and ink when I was 3 or 4 years of age, but it wasn’t until my late 20s that I began to approach painting seriously. An avid supporter of nature and wildlife conservation, over the years I’ve raised tens of thousands of dollars for various organizations and causes through donated paintings and sponsored print sales.
I’ve been an artist for over 25 years.
I love the outdoors, especially fishing, back country camping and hiking.
I’d love to live on a lake in the mountains.
I love to travel the globe researching wildlife in their natural habitat.
Some of my highlights
So far, I have travelled to South Africa, Botswana, Alaska, British Columbia, Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, Colombia, St. Lucia, Costa Rica, Yellowstone National Park, Hudson’s Bay in northern Manitoba, and the infamous Pantanal jungle in Brazil.
- 2018 – A Survivor’s Game painting chosen as Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters (OFAH) Conservation Print
- 2017 – Three on the Run painting chosen as Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters (OFAH) Conservation Print
- 2015 – Finalist, International Artist magazine Annual Wildlife Competition
- 2015 – Designed $20 Fine Silver Coin featuring a baby black bear for Royal Canadian Mint
- 2015 – Designed $2 Coin featuring baby raccoons for Royal Canadian Mint
- 2014 – Iridescence painting chosen as Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters (OFAH) Conservation Print
- 2013 – Third Place, The Artist’s Magazine Annual Art Competition
- 2013 – Finalist, International Artist magazine Annual Wildlife Competition
- 2013 – Turbulent Waters and Time Out paintings chosen as Ducks Unlimited National Sponsor Prints
- 2013-2012 – Finalist, Art Renewal Center International Salon Competition
- 2012 – Multi-Finalist, David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Competition
- 2012-2011 – Finalist, Art Renewal Center International Salon Competition
- 2011 – Third Place, International Artist Magazine Annual Wildlife Competition
- 2008 – A Moment’s Grace painting chosen as Ducks Unlimited 2008 Ontario Sponsor Print
- 2005/2002/2001 – Ducks Unlimited National Art Portfolio
- 2003 – “Artist of the Year”, Ducks Unlimited National Art Portfolio
- 2015/2013-2010 – Artists for Conservation Foundation 2015 Annual Art Festival, Vancouver, BC
- 2014 – Southeastern Wildlife Exposition, Charleston, SC
- 2013 – America’s Parks Through the Beauty of Art Exhibition, Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art, Bolivar, MO
- 2013-2011/2007/2000/1999 – Buckhorn Fine Art Festival, Buckhorn, ON
- 2013 – Lake Scugog Studio Tour, Port Perry, ON
- 2012-2011 – McMichael Annual Art Show & Sale, Kleinburg, ON
- 2011 – Society of Animal Artists Art and the Animal Exhibition, The Dennos Museum Center, Traverse City, MI
- 2011 – “Heart of Nature” Solo Exhibition, Kent Farndale Gallery, Port Perry, ON
My paintings are highly detailed and realistic (often mistaken as photographs), and reflect the strong influence nature has always had on my life. Fishing, canoeing, portaging and back country camping have been my hobbies (and passions) since I was a young boy, each excursion leaving fond and powerful memories etched into my soul.
I’m very blessed to spend my days doing something that I truly love and that inspires me. I also feel quite privileged to have my wife by my side as I travel the globe documenting it’s unique wildlife in their natural habitat.